Car chat for the car non-enthusiast.

I'm tired of watching people get hosed at the mechanic! Since my husband is the most trustworthy auto tech I know, I thought I would share some of his secrets with anyone willing to listen. I can't diagnose your car over an e-mail, but if you have any general car questions or need some advise, e-mail me at stupidcar.sarah@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My stupid car is a pigstye!

When I was single, I gave a cute boy a ride in my messy car. He said, "Jeez, you aren't even going to try to impress me by cleaning your car?" My car stayed clean for years after that. 

Fast forward ten years, one husband and two boys later and the mess was getting out of control again. I live in an upstairs apartment and every time we got out of the car I dreaded lugging the boys and all my crap upstairs. My solution? A laundry basket, a schedule and Xanax. Just kidding, no need for the Xanax. Just make time on your calendar once a week or so to fill a laundry basket with the junk form your car. Cleaning up the junk in your car occasionally will motivate you to keep it cleaner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment