Car chat for the car non-enthusiast.

I'm tired of watching people get hosed at the mechanic! Since my husband is the most trustworthy auto tech I know, I thought I would share some of his secrets with anyone willing to listen. I can't diagnose your car over an e-mail, but if you have any general car questions or need some advise, e-mail me at stupidcar.sarah@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When to service your car

There is a manual in your glove compartment you need to look at. 

It will tell you when to get tune ups, when to flush your transmission and other useful information like that. 

There is a newer motor oil that you can use in your car that will last for five months or 5000 miles rather than the old 3 months or 3000 miles. 

Ya, it is more expensive, but it will save you hassle and money in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment